Timothy Ballan – www.sbgc.org
One simple program we have at the Springfield Boys and Girls Club is a weekly drop-in drum circle – I use authentic world instruments (although various household items could work as well!)
- A daily check-in allows each member to first play out and, if desired, describe how they feel on a chosen instrument.
- Various drumming games are then used to warm up (like www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyOUlrk52ls)
- The remainder of the time is spent:
- Jamming together
- Rotating through each instrument
- Playing along with popular music requests played over a speaker